Body stretches and Dance
I want to share another secret–dance–to help you sustain your weight loss exercises. I recommend that after stretching your body, play music with a fast temp that makes you shake your body to induce sweat. Have fun dancing! The dancing helps to warm up your body and prepares it for jumping. It also breaks the monotony of moving from body stretches to jumping. At least, the dance spices the stretches and jumps, which are essential to weight loss.
Today, I stretched by body and danced from 11:53 to 12:21 hours (about 24 minutes). I had a lot of fun and a lot of sweat. After dancing, I jumped 1, 200 counts from 12:23 to 12:43 hours. I did 400 jumps in the evening.
To answer some of your questions…
- What is the difference between skipping and jumping ? There is a difference between skipping and jumping. I explained earlier in May 2012. When you are skipping, you jump lifting both of your legs one after the other. However, when you are jumping, you are lifting both of your legs at once. I will post a video-clip to explain this difference.
- What is the time needed to do 100 jumps in a session? On average, I do 100 jumps between 56 seconds and 1 minute
- How do I manage to jump 1000 in one session? The trick is not to focus on the total number of 1000 jumps, but to focus on time. Even with time, do not focus on the total minutes needed to do 1000 jumps, but on seconds or minutes needed to do 100 jumps in a session. If you are doing 1000, break it into 10 sessions of 100 jumps per session, and make sure that you do 100 jumps between 56 seconds and 1 minute. Before you know it, you would have done 10 sessions of 100 jumps each. You must also rest for 56 or 1 minute in between the sessions. The rest does not mean standing still, but it means walking about , and breaking in deeply and breathing out slowing through the nostrils before resuming the next session. I will post a video tomorrow to explain what a session, a count and rest means in these exercises.
- How do you keep your energy levels during exercises? I recommend that you drink your slimmers’ drink (See Articles posted on May 27 and 28) during breaks between sessions. If you have not made the slimmers’ drink, at least drink the orange juice because it works well in boosting energy. You need also to break air in and out to introduce air to the lungs, which helps to prevent muscle aches, and increases oxydation, which is important for metabolism.
- Does jumping heal my body? I am not sure I understand what you are talking about. If you are not feeling well, the best you can do is to visit your doctor. Yet, there are times when I lie down in bed for at least 2 hours listening to my body to decide whether my body ache is serious needing medical attention. If you are not sure, see a doctor immediately. For example, this morning I decided to listen to my body instead of going straight into exercises. I wanted to ascertain whether I was fit to exercise. I recommend that it is best you see your doctor when you are not feeling well.
- Did you say that I have to continue eating my food as before without reducing my diet? Allow me to correct you a bit! I said that you do not have to make drastic changes. This means that you would need to check what you eat if you would like to lose weight, but you are not going to make sudden and huge changes. If you do, it is likely to affect you negatively. If you have been eating well, there is no need to change your diet. Yet, you would need to change your diet if, for example, you have been eating too much animal fats, processed sugars, less fibre, little water, etc. However, you have to make changes gradually. When I said that I have maintained my diet, it is because I eat properly. My only problem was that I stopped exercising often , and having enough rest leading to my weight gain. I will post a video from time to time to show that I have not made any drastic changes in my diet.