1. An extra record equals great excitement
What could be better for me than 12,000 jumps per week? I am very excited. I made an extra record for myself this week—July 9-13, 2012. I did a total of 12,000 jumps in a single week. Trust me! This is a huge performance at least for me. It is also an improvement, since last week I did 10,100 jumps. I feel great, since I have grown from the inception of the programme to date. I spent a total of 6 hours 25 minutes. I drank a total of 13.5 litres. The 12,000 jumps and hours were as follows:
– Mon 2,500 jumps 1 hour 15 minutes
– Tue 2,700 jumps 1 hour 28 minutes
– Wed 2,500 jumps 1 hour 07 minutes
– Thurs 3000 jumps 1 hour 40 minutes
– Friday 1, 300 jumps 0 hour 55 minutes
2. Revisiting that Pair of Pants was very exciting today
I was very excited this afternoon. As a result, I went into town after school. Early this year, I wanted to buy a pair of white trousers, but I could not fit into the largest size available. So, this afternoon, I wanted to see if I could fit into that largest pair of trousers. So, when I got to the shop, I collected three sizes as usual—that largest size, the large, and the medium size. I was very surprised to fit into the medium size. I would buy that pair of trousers when I reach my target weight. For now, I am just very happy.
3. Weight loss by the Rope, Attracting People
People—mostly friends and acquaintances—who have seen how I have lost weight in a short time, ask me to help them shade off some weight. This evening, another friend said that she would like to try losing weight using the jumping rope. She tried jumping while we were chatting in my room. I am positive that she can do it because she jumped very well for a beginner—though not a beginner per say because she told me that she used to jump over a rope when she was young. I am positive that she would try it because she has seen how much weight I lost in less than 2 months. I told you also about a medical student, who want to lose weight, but is skeptical about using a jumping rope. At least, there are one or two persons per week asking me about the reasons I am losing weight. If I say that I am exercising, I am asked what kind of exercises make one loses weight that fast. It is a pity that several people are joining me in this jumping exercise when I am about to end of my weight-loss programme. Yet, I wish them well. I have documented enough data online, and I am sure that it would help them.
4. Supper and Sweet Course
Remember that I eat always full meals unless otherwise. I make sure that I eat what I love to eat, and change my food as often as I can. This week I have eaten turkey in different ways. This evening, I eat grill-steamed turkey in Coriander, mushroom and black pepper sauce. I eat it with roasted sweet potato.
Recipe for grill-steamed turkey (Roasting the turkey with the lid on so that it cooks from the steam)
– 3 small slices of turkey
– 1 onion
– 1 tomato
– 1 tsp of Cider vinegar
– Coriander (A handful/same size as the slices of turkey)
– Lettuce (Or, any fast cooking vegetable of your choice)
– ¼ tsp of Salt
– ¼ tsp of Ginger, ¼ tsp of turmeric and ½ small hot pepper (optional)
– Any mushroom soup with black pepper in it
– 1 medium size sweet potato
- A Pyrex dish with a glass lid for you to see what is cooking, since you would not open the lid except when adding soup and vegetables to the turkey
- Bake at 220 degree Celsius for about 15-30 minutes
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly well
- Put the sweet potato—do not peel it—into the oven to roast until tender (20-30 minutes)
- Put turkey slices into a Pyrex dish and add spices, salt, and vinegar rubbing in very well
- Chop onions and tomatoes into small cubes; add to the turkey in the Pyrex dish mixing well
- Place a lid the Pyrex dish and put the dish into the oven to grill-steam the turkey (Do not add water, the turkey will cook from the water it got while washing it and from tomato juice).
- After the turkey slices have cooked for about 5 minutes, remove the Pyrex dish from the oven, and shake it with its lid on to turn the turkey the other side (Use oven gloves to prevent burning your hands. Keep the lid on while turning the turkey because you want to return all its flavours). After turning the turkey, let it cook for another 3-5 minutes on the other side.
- Put a tablespoon of mushroom soup into ½ cup of water and stir well; pour into the Pyrex dish and stir quickly and place the lid on. Let it cook in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- Shake off water from both the coriander and lettuce to prevent it from diluting the soup, and cut these vegetables using hands, and mix them very well; then add them to the turkey, and let it cook for about 3 minutes and remove it from the oven, it is ready for serving.
- Once the sweet potato is tender, peel it and serve it with the grill-steamed turkey in coriander and mushroom sauce. This meal is very tasty.
Supper: I ate Sweet potato and grill-steamed turkey in coriander, lettuce, and mushroom sauce
Sweet course: I drank rooibos tea with homemade bread, smeared with avocado pear, sprinkled with cheese grits
This is my homemade bread. It is very healthy. I began eating it this week, I might continue to next week and the week after, since I made a long bread and cut it into 3 pieces.
@ 2012 July, Chipo Muponisi, unedited post