(A) Welcome back to our weight loss program. This is the 2nd phase (November 05 to 30, 2012). The 1st phase was from May 27 to August 30, 2012. I started the 2nd Phase of my weight loss program in 2012 on Monday, November 05. This time, I would not document every progress on a daily basis, since I demonstrated that during the 1st phase, which took slightly for more than 3 months. This time around, I would only share important observations when it is feasible and necessary to do so. I document manually on a daily basis what I am doing to lose weight. If I find time, I would share important points on line.
(B) To begin with, I want to inform you that I have not published some comments because they are not done in good faith. They are done to push me into writing more articles about weight loss in order for those particular bloggers to get more traffic to their blogs. I value honesty. I would know when a comment is genuine or when it is intended to increase blog traffic. I wish to take this opportunity to thank those bloggers, who make genuine comments. They help several people wishing to lose weight.
(C) POINTS TO REMEMBER ABOUT THIS WEIGHT-LOSS PROGRAM: Losing weight is not as complicated as advertisements make it seem. Try the following:
- Meditate and/or pray before exercising—whichever is applicable to you. Meditation and/or prayer are very important. It helps you to become aware of issues in your life, which are problematic and retard progress in many ways. Meditation and/or prayer helps you find solutions to issues that bother you, and even if you do not find solutions, you are helped to move on. Most people have trouble losing weight when they have so many issues going on in their lives. Issues contribute to reasons some people turn to over eating. This topic is not for me to unpack here in details. Meditation and/or prayer helps you attain a clear-happy mind about issues in your life, which helps you to jump successfully.
- Use 1 litre of a fruit juice daily, 30 minutes before starting your exercises. It helps cleanse your system and boost your energy levels, which you require to lose weight. It is important to use fruit with acids like oranges, lemons, etc unless the doctor recommends otherwise.
- Use always a jumping rope to exercise unless otherwise. See the videos on this blog about how to jump. You would jump for a long time when you follow instructions in these videos, and this would help you lose weight.
- Tone your muscle by stretching your body daily before jumping over the rope. You would only have excellent results if you stretch your body before jumping over the rope. Stretching your body increases body flexibility, which reduces body tear and wear. Most importantly, it helps to increase oxidation to your body, which is an important element in weight loss.
- Eat your breakfast daily and enough quantities. Avoid starving to lose weight. Make sure that your breakfast comprises whole food. Cut on fats, salts, and processed sugars. Increase vegetables—like lettuce, tomatoes, cabbages, etc. Do not make drastic changes suddenly with food. Gradually reduce bad food from your diet.
- Eat daily your lunch. Do not skip lunch if you want quick results. Skipping food retards the progress and it is unhealthy. Ensure your lunch is rich in whole food stuff. Avoid over processed food when you can.
- Drink daily at least 1 litre of freshly pressed fruit juice/green-tea for energy in the afternoon—after lunch to 17:00hrs. The helps you reduce cravings, which deter weight loss.
- Eat your supper daily. Make sure it is less food in the evening if you want quick results. Heavy food is not ideal in the evenings when you are on a weight loss program.
- Remember to record your weight at the start of the program. This is always important for you to measure your weight loss at the end of the month. You shall subtract your start-weight from your weight at the end of the month. That would help you determine your weight loss.
- Use a tape measure to record your start-weight. Yet, you can use any other methods that best works for you. I find a tape measure useful. I use also articles of clothing to determine weight loss. During your exercise period, avoid washing those particular clothes, which you want to use for measuring your weight. Washing might shrink or enlarge clothes, which might give you false results.
- Keep your weight-loss records daily. This helps you to monitor the type of exercises, which helps you lose weight. It helps you to know how many minutes you spend daily to lose a certain amount of weight. It tells you the kind of food you eat, which contribute or deter weight loss. Use a record method that works for you. I find it easy to write as I exercise because it helps me monitor the amount of time I spend on each jumping session.
- Establish your target—that is the weight you want to lose—and work towards that target.
- Take multivitamins during your weight loss program.
- Ensure to empty your bowels at least twice daily, in the morning before exercises and any other time convenient for you.
- Self discipline and dedication are very important elements in weight loss program. Ensure to exercise daily. If you find it hard to remain dedicated to your goal, start blogging and sharing with others on your weight loss journey. Do not wait for friends to encourage you. It is not their journey. They might not be dedicated as much as you.
- Remember always that your body stops responding to your exercises at some point because it reads exercises as stress, and it does all it can to fight stress. This means that you must maximise your exercises early in the month. When a body starts responding to exercises in ways it fights stress, you would not lose much weight despite exercising a lot. Introduce breaks in your exercise program.
- Exercise only from Monday to Friday and leave weekends for rest and recuperation and entertainment.
- Circulate your blood every after 2 hours of sitting stationary in one place for a long time. For example, park your car at least at 10-15 minutes walking distance. This gives you an opportunity to walk to your work place or shopping mall. If you are working from home. Make it a habit to do 50 jumps after every 2 hours
- Remember to always wear a jersey and scarf when jumping. Open your windows and breathe in and out deeply as you exercise. The jersey and scarf speeds the process of weight loss. I cannot unpack details here. Verify with your doctor whether your health has the capacity to deal with heat beats under the jersey and scarf.
- Find time to rest while working, and sleep enough
These are some of the major points, which you have to remember always when you want to lose a lot of weight within a very short period. I approach the subject of weight loss as a person, who experienced weight gain and loss several times for years, and as a person, who has learnt from helping others to lose weight or keep fit.
@ Chipo Muponisi, November 2012, unedited post