This week ran from DAY 8 of my weight loss exercises (Monday, November 12, 2012) to DAY 16 (Friday, November 16, 2012). I had a busy week, where I worked from 12:00PM to 03:00AM with a few breaks. The following were my activities and basic observations. I hope that you observed also your performance for the week:
- As usual, I start my exercises with prayer and/or meditation. This week, I spent a total of 2 hours 25 minutes in prayer and meditation in 5 days from Monday to Friday. I do not always do both activities, mostly when I wake up late. Yet, it is very important to find, examine, and understand yourself before starting your day even if it means spending less time in prayer and meditation. For instance, this week, I spent 7 minutes in prayer on Monday and another 7 minutes on Thursday. However, I spend enough time when I wake up early. This week, I spent 56 minutes on Monday; 37 minutes on Wednesday; and 38 minutes on Friday. It is key to ground yourself early in the day. This helped to exercise despite having a very busy week.
- I drank a total of 600mls of very concentrated freshly-pressed-lemon juice on Monday and Tuesday. I drank also 300mls of concentrated blended raw onion, which I softened with tomato juice on Wednesday (Raw onion-tomato juice works perfect to detox. However, it gives a heartburn unless you boil the onion in water before mixing it with uncooked blended tomatoes. If you want quick results use it raw, but you would be uncomfortable for 1-2 hours).
- I drank a total of 5 litres of warm water—1 litre each day from Monday to Friday—to flash my system shortly before exercises. I added ½ a cup of freshly-pressed-lemon juice to each litre. Remember always never to drink plain water to flash the system! It works perfect with lemon or any other citrus fruit, etc. You will see the effect such as clear urine, odourless sweat, etc
- Loosing weight requires flexing muscles and joints among other things. Therefore, I stretched my body in a total of 2 hours 19 minutes for 5 days from Monday to Friday (I spent 28 minutes on Monday; 30 minutes on Tuesday; 28 minutes on Wednesday; 32 minutes on Thursday; and 21 minutes on Friday). Body stretches must include, but not limited to the following: knees, calves, ankles, thighs, bums, shoulders, sides, writs, arms, and waist. Each of these must be flexed 50 times. This means 500 times on each body part. It is not necessary to spend hours stretching the body. You must be aware of tear and wear of bones and cartilages as a result of excessive exercises, which is likely to have an impact mostly from middle-age. It is not strenuous exercises, which lead to weight loss, but your consistence to exercise, and to burn calories more than you eat.
- I did 6, 100 jumps in a total of 1 hour 44 minutes for 5 days from Monday to Friday. This means that I did 1, 100 jumps in 21 minutes on Monday; 1, 200 in 18 minutes on Tuesday; 1, 300 jumps in 19 minutes on Wednesday; 1, 400 jumps in 27 minutes on Thursday; and 1, 100 jumps in 19 minutes on Friday. Remember to jump only enough. Yet, you can also accelerate the rate of weight loss. For instance, I wore a woolen scarf and jersey, while jumping which left me dripping in sweat daily. Note that, it is not ideal to wear warm clothes on a hot day, while exercising if you suffer from high blood pressure; heart conditions; etc. Consult your doctor! I could tell that I burnt many calories although I did not use a cardio-machine to count calories burned during exercises. Yet, I could tell because of my massive-constant-heart beats and huge amounts of sweat, which I lost during exercises. Trust me! My keep-fit clothes were soaked completely in sweat.
- I missed breakfast in four days—Monday to Thursday—because I woke up late after working until early in the morning. I noticed that it was always already lunch time by the time I finished doing my prayers, meditations, and exercises. Friday was only day I had breakfast this week, which is not good because a body requires all meals daily. Knowing this, I had to re-plan so that I ate my daily calories per day despite missing breakfast. I had to eat large portions of lunch (brunch) for those four days when I missed breakfast to maintain my daily food intake. But, I had supper daily. I ate as usual whole grains, which included rice, spaghetti, a thick porridge from millet, and bread. I eat mainly fish and chicken for proteins. I ate cabbage, onions, and tomatoes, etc. I had rice pudding for sweet course, etc.
- For my afternoon-weight-loss fluids, I drank 300mls of tea masala on Monday, and a total of 2.8 litres of rooibos tea from Monday to Friday. However, for my evening fluids, I drank a total of 2.6 litres of rooibos tea in five days, and 600mls of milk on Wednesday and Friday.I drank milk knowing that it is not a great option during weight loss because it interferes with weight-loss. Even tea masala is not a good option although it tastes great. Milk is the largest ingredient in tea masala. I drank a mug of tea masala, which is still okay.
- Generally, I am very happy that I managed to exercise despite having a very busy week, where I worked until early in the morning from Monday to Friday. Remember to rest from exercises during the weekend.
@ Chipo Muponisi, unedited post