BACKGROUND TO SLIMMERS’ TEA
Yesterday, I talked about using a homemade slimmers’ drink to lose weight. Today, I talk about combining a homemade slimmers’ tea with a homemade slimmers’ drink to lose weight. This means that you drink the homemade slimmers’ drink in the afternoon and the slimmers’ tea in the evening.
During my slimming days, I learnt how to make what I call the slimmers’ tea , which I drunk mostly in the evenings. It is a very tasty tea, you would love it. I did not personally develop this tea although I modified it. I learnt how to make it from a cousin, who made it often to prevent the asthma attacks. I modified the tea to boost my weight loss, and prevent me from viral infections like influenza, but not HIV/AIDS. It is a perfect tea, mostly in winter. I think that most families make it.
2 white onions
1 tablespoon of ginger
1 tablespoon of honey (Or 1 teaspoon depending on one’s taste)
- Wash and chop the white onions and garlic
- Blend the chopped onions into a fine paste
white onions and garlic paste
- Put the blended paste into a pot and add a mug of water
- Add 1 tablespoon of ginger and stir well, then put the pot to boil for 5 minutes
ginger into onion-garlic paste
- Put 2 tea bags of green tea in a mug and add hot water, then after 2 minutes pour it into the boiling paste, and stir well
green tea into ginger-onion-garlic mixture
- Let the mixture boil for at least 3 minutes
- Switch off the stove, leave the pot of the stove, then add 1 tablespoon of honey, and stir well
- Squeeze lemon juice into the mixture
add lemon juice
- Then sieve the tea and store it into a flask.
- From this mixture, you have about 3-4 mugs of tea. 2 mugs are enough per day
The secret is about enjoying the discoveries on food
I do not make drastic changes in my eating habits. I continue eating chicken, fish, vegetables, cakes, etc. However, I remove chicken skin and fats, and begin to reduce slowly the quantities eaten per day. The reduction must not be huge. I still fry my food, but I use vegetable oils mostly peanut and sunflower. I do use once in a while olive oil, but I do not make changes, which are costly. The whole idea is to continue enjoying the food despite dieting for weight loss. For example, today, I eat roasted-fried chicken, a piece of cake and hot Milo, and drunk my slimmers’ drink and slimmers’ tea. Tomorrow, I will show you another step to lose weight, which has nothing to do with food.
My roasted-fried chicken
1. Remove the skin and fat. It takes less than a minute to work on a chicken breast
fat removed from chicken breast
2. Add turmeric and ginger, and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. The body needs oil, which is good for many things such as hair and skin texture, etc. So, after removing meat-fats, which are hard to get rid off, you need to replace them with vegetable oils in manageable doses
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil added
2 (b) Rub in turmeric and ginger, mixing well
turmeric & ginger rubbed in
3. Roast the chicken
4. Fry onions until tender, add roasted chicken and fry for 2 minutes, add chopped tomatoes and fry for 3 minutes until the juice come out of the tomatoes to soften the chicken
5. Eat the roast fried chicken with rice and spaghetti
Roasted-fried chicken on a bed of rice mixed with spaghetti and red cabbage
1. Milo, milk and a piece of chocolate cake. Again, I want to stress the point that you do not grow fat by eating sweet things, but by failing to boost the metabolism, and by eating more than you can boost the metabolism. Tomorrow, I will show you how to increase your metabolism rate. The slimmers’ drink and tea are great boosters, but I will show you how to combine them with simple exercises.
My sweet course today was as follows: